Hiring a DJ for a special event is an important decision. There are so many different items that come into play depending on the event you’re hiring them for. You want to be sure that the DJ you hire fits with the vibe you’re hoping for. What questions should you ask a DJ before hiring them?
It’s important to interview several potential DJ’s before hiring one. Or at least have a few lined up. You might just meet that special one on the very first time. If you vibe with them initially, or have a gut feeling about them, then go with it. First impressions go a long way, as do their demeanor and level of excitement.
Some questions to ask a DJ before hiring one include:
- Are you available on the date of my event
- If they will be the DJ for your event, if there are several in the company
- Do you Emcee or just play music
- Is a written contract provided
- Do they provide all the equipment necessary to perform
- How early do they arrive
- Do you include set up and tear down
- Is there a travel fee or is that included
- Are there extra fees
- What is their event attire
- Do they take requests
- Do they have wireless microphones for toasts or speeches
- What is their experience with your type of event
- Do you require a retainer
- What is the payment arrangement
- Are there any hidden fees
- Who determines the timeline
- Is lighting provided by the DJ
DJ Hoof has over 15 years of experience as a mobile, radio and club DJ. He specializes in spinning dance remixes of Top 40 hits blended with elements of electro, trap and hip hop, with DJ lighting packages available for any type of event. Each service is customized to attract the right demographics to your establishment or event. Contact DJ Hoof.